Friday, January 22, 2010

Wind, Rain, Fog and a MTB


Today saw my first ‘real’ bike ride since August, Scotty (my occasional training partner and a trainee for IMDE) and myself ventured out on our Mountain Bikes and it was hard work, although we were on MTBs we road on the road for about 30-35miles, the weather was rather bad, it rained (cold rain) on and off for most the ride, it was windy for the whole ride with half of it being head on and it was foggy, half of the ride very foggy ... BUT I enjoyed it, it made a change from sitting on the turbo staring at coach Troy or some other such DVD coach.

I struggled, I’ll not deny that I am crap on a bike and think that i always will be but i enjoy my cycling and want to spend more time in the saddle ... just because you are not very good at something doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it ... so have fun out there

No comments: