Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow

As the country is gripped in the ‘big freeze’, as the media would have us believe, the big question is always do i go out to train ... or not?




Well for me it has to be ‘get out there and do it’ or (JFDI) ... but all within reason ... there is no open water swimming at this time of year and the snow covered roads are far too bad for cycling, so that leaves running. In the past week I have managed to get out for a few runs and the photo above, from my sitting room window, shows the sort of conditions that greeted me.

The main thing is not to get to caught up on things and adjust your training appropriately.... if you are running in knee deep snow; you can’t expect to do long fast runs, but you can still work hard ... and believe me, running in knee deep snow is hard work.

No comments: