Monday, January 16, 2006

Training Week T – 28

Not as good a weeks training as I had planned this week, infect 90mins short of what I had hoped, this was down to 2 reasons, firstly going away on business on Wednesday and being out the house for 17hours left no time to train and on Saturdays bike ride I some time managed to hurt my neck and could not move on Sunday so ended up missing my swim on Sunday Morning.

I used to often have problems with my neck following a rather bad car wreck in my early 20s, but this is the first time it has bee this bad for a long time … so fingers crossed – I’ll recover quite quickly


MONAM00:50BIKESpinning on the Gym bike at 100RPM on a random program - aiming to loosen up my legs
TUEAM00:40SWIM4 x 400m, as 3 build 1 recover, Plus drills including managing to set a PB for 400m of 6:48
TUEPM01:00RUNAt running club, ran with training partner aiming to run at a conversational pace which for me at the moment equates to 9 min miles
WED______REST (away on business)
THUAM00:30BIKESpinning at the gym 30mins at 110 RPM - looking to get my legs used to spinning to help me climb a bit beter
THUAM00:30GYMNon stop Circuit training
THUPM01:10SWIM

At the Masters for an AT+ session (very hard work)

Session included :-

5 x 100m, 1 x 200m, 4 x 100m,

3 x 75m hard + 25m recovery

2 x 75m hard + 25m recovery

2 x 75m hard + 25m recovery

8 x 25m catch up drill

1 x 100m warm down

FRI______REST
SATAM02:50BIKEA nice day and a good ride in the Northumberland borders - 40miles including 530m of climbs - it was an out and back ride rode as a negative split with the return leg at 19mph average - so very pleased (well I would have been if I hadn’t hurt my neck)
SUN______REST (due to neck problems)

Have fun all

1 comment:

Cliff said...

WildWill,

Thanks for the book suggestion. I am going to get that one next. I hope your back gets better.