Thursday, January 12, 2006

What better way to spend a lunch break

What better way to spend a lunch break


Hi, all I thought id take some time to share how I like to spend my “Lunch Break”

I am currently working for a company that operates a limited flexi system – this allows me to quite often take a little bit longer for lunch; due to the fact that when I’m at my suppliers I often put in a 14-17hr day thus, allowing me to put in sessions of 30-60mins at the local pool or gym during my lunch break.

Today it was time for the gym and I had on hour available to me so this is the session I put in: -

30mins on the Gym Bike at 100-110 RPM on a random setting looking to keep my heart rate within the 65-75% MHR range.
A gym bike is not the best form of cycle exercise you can do but at this time of the year it is a good option for me to supplement my weekend rides

Followed by

30mins of weights done as 25mins non stop circuit training, including some heavy moves including Squat, Bench Press and bent over rowing, finished of with 5mins stretching.
The reason I take this approach is that my time is limited and I want to get the most out of it that I can so by incorporating Supersets and Giant sets with only a few seconds rest every now and again lets me pack the session full -if you look at a typical sets session lasting 60mins most people will only actually train for 15-20mins of that time and to me that’s a waste.


After my shower and during my brisk walk back to work I noticed myself thinking to myself “That was Great I FEEL GREAT

Got back to work and ate my lunch at my desk and felt invigorated for the challenges the afternoon holds in store and toward my evening swim session with the local masters group

WW

2 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Cool!
Good Session!

Cliff said...

WW,

That's some good session. I do wish my office have a gym. That's great seeing how you squeeze time and getting the most out of it.