Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year and a New Start

Happy New Year all

The season of excess and merriment is now behind us and that combined to recent injuries and holidays have seen by training slip and my waistline with it, so the new year see the start of my big push towards Ironman Germany.

It starts this week with the beginning of my first 4 week base training phase and the reorganising of my diet.

My weight is well up at the moment at 206lbs (at my worst I weighed in at 259lbs) so the aim is to get this down to 199lbs by the end of Base-1 and to 190-192lbs by end of Base-2 which will have me back close to my racing weight

Due to PF I’m still limited by the amount of running a can do but hope to lift my fitness with Cycling, Swimming and Gym Sessions until I can once again lift the run training

… well that’s the plan.

5 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

good luck!

I will be watching so make sure you post regularly!

Cath Delaney said...

Happy New Year Will.

Good planning.

:o)

Steven said...

Be careful when you start running again. Go slow, easy, and short until you know the PF is cleared. That can be nasty to get rid of!

Cliff said...

Thanks Will about commenting on my site.

I am going to start gradually on the Paleo Diet....just a bit at a time and see hwo my body takes it.

D said...

Injuries Suck! Found your site through Cliffs. Congrats on your recent engagement. I need to take swimming lessons since I recently spent a lot of time in the pool "water running".