Thursday, February 02, 2006

Training Week T-26

A bit of a recovery week this week for me, as both my neck and my PF are still playing up .. I didn’t want to over stress myself this early in my training programme. Also had another visit to the physio to help with said injuries.

This is haw the week shaped up …


MONAM01:00BIKEA steady spinning session on the bike - set to 70%MHR and spun at 100-110RPM
TUEAM00:35SWIMSteady continuous swim -1.6km
Still no tumbles or hard pulling due to neck tho
TUEPM01:37RUN

long run session 8.5mile in the icy cold - kept it to a conversational pace (10mm) and felt very good which I’m very happy with due to not getting any real running done

CORE SESSION RUN

WED______REST DAY (away on business)
THUPM01:20SWIMSession with the masters group - 28km as -
- 1000m steady
- 10 x 50m kick
- 7 x 200m hard
(No tumbles etc)

CORE SESSION SWIM
FRIAM01:00BIKESpinning session at the gym focusing on high cadence work and 1 legged drills
SAT______REST DAY (arranging wedding stuff)
SUN AM02:45BIKE40mile out doors was frozen cold and very early, my self and my training partner took out a few novices - I had planned to do another 15 but I suffered from mechanical problems and called it a day

CORE SESSION BIKE


Totals


SWIM = 01:55
BIKE = 04:45
RUN = 01:37

TOTAL = 08:17

4 comments:

XFR Bear said...

Nice one Will!

Is that 26 weeks left *now* or prior to this week?

Evil Pixie said...

26wks haha
has panic set in yet??
I ran 5k this week! Not quiet as impressive as your week!

Cliff said...

Are you training for ironmna or training for the wedding? :)

Cliff said...

WilWill,

To respond to your comment in my training blog.

yeah, it is getting addictive. I am using that trainign blog to force me into making a habit of jotting down what i do everyday. I use that more for history than anything else.