Thursday, October 28, 2010

So Very Tiered ...ZZZZZZzzzzz!

Yesterday  (Wednesday) was supposed to be short swim and long run day, but over the last few nights I have been struggling to sleep, both getting to sleep and waking often during the night.  This all culminated in me getting up and feeling paper thin washed out and tired.

I ended up missing my lunch time swim due to an over running meeting but as the day wore on I felt worst and worst and felt I could have nodded off at my desk.

So then came the decision I hate to make … to ditch a key session, I felt I could have probably trained but not as planned, so I had my evening meal and went to bed ... no TV ... no reading … just bed.

I was in bed by 8:30 but still, even though I was sop tired, struggled to get to sleep … I still woke several times during the night … and is I write this it is the crack of dawn.   But I feel a bit better which is quite important as I have a 6hr drive after work today as I am heading home.

But the question is what can I do about it???
  • I am looking to drop the amount of caffeine I have been consuming, which has crept up to silly levels.
  • I may try reading instead of TV after training to help me come down fro a training high
  • I could try listening to some relaxing music as I bed down for the evening
  • But what else??
I do know I need to get this sorted as I can’t go dropping key session like this when I am looking for major improvements.

WW … a non happy … sleepy … triathlete

No comments: