Monday, May 08, 2006

Training Weeks T – 13 & T – 12

A couple of mixed weeks here, a poor week caused through tooth problems and having to go away for a couple of days followed by a really good week. Ended up having to have a root canal in one of my wisdom teeth, and was informed if I still had problems I was going to have to go into hospital to have it removed, due the risks to my facial nerves … not good.

On the up side I did get my first Century ride done and felt quite good about it

T – 12


MONAM06:30BIKELong bike ride of 100miles, managed to do the first 50 in 3hrs but the weather changed and the wind got up and it took me 3:30 to do the next 50
MON__00:30RUNStraight off the bike onto a short beach run , just over 5k
TUEPM01:00RUNMixed paced Trail Run
WEDAM00:40SWIMStarted off feeling good but by the rime I reached a mile I was feeling very sick and dizzy and had to abandon the swim - not good!
WEDPM00:55RUNEasy trail Run to see if I felt any better
THUPM02:00SWIMStructured session with the Masters Group - felt much better this time, but right knee was quite sore from push & Glide drills
FRIPM02:35RUNMarathon paced multi terrain run of just over 16mile - felt good cardiovascularly but my knees ached by the end of the run
SATAM04:00BIKE2nd long bike of the week, this time just over 60mile (I dint want to overdo things) did the first 45mile+ with my brother so kept the average speed down to 15mph, but the last 15mile on my own I was feeling good so blasted it and managed to average almost 20mph - i was very pleased with this and felt strong when i got of the bike
SAT__00:35RUNStraight off the bike onto a short beach run , this time closer to 8k



SWIM = 2:40
BIKE = 10:25
RUN = 5:35

TOTAL = 18:40

T – 13



MONAM00:55BIKEGym bike Session
MONPM01:00RUNMixed paced Trail Run
TUEPM02:00BIKETurbos session to a spinervals DVD - was to late home to get out doors
WED______REST - Tooth problems
THU______REST - Tooth problems
FRI______REST - Away
SAT______REST - Away (but did have a sports massage)
SUNAM01:30RUNNice run along the river
SUNPM02:30BIKEEasy paced MTB ride in Northumberland

SWIM = 0:00
BIKE = 5:20
RUN = 2:30

TOTAL = 7:50

1 comment:

Cath Delaney said...

It's looking consistent and shaping up Will - well done.

:o)