Sunday, November 07, 2010

W/E 05/11/2010 (Recovery Week)

This week, for me, was a recovery week which meant no long hard bike session, no big brick sessions and no long runs. A long run was tempting though as I have a marathon later this month and have not really done any long running, but recovery weeks are there for a reason so I was a good boy and did what I was meant to do.

One plus side of it being a recovery week was the fact that I managed to fit proper swim into my week, which I really enjoyed and I have to ask myself, can I keep sacrificing my swimming and focusing on my weaker disciplines, this is something I am going to have to continue to ponder as base training continues, as i do not want my weekly volume to grow too much too soon ... well not till the new year at least

The Numbers ...


SATAM02:01BIKE: MTB ride with my brother
SUN____REST DAY
MON   PM01:03BIKE: Recovery session with a few intervals
TUEPM00:31BIKE: Fast spin session to loosen up (Pt 1)
TUEPM01:35SWIM: 3.6k structure (see post) aimed at endurance form (Pt 2)
WEDPM01:25RUN: 10miles of hard intervals
THUAM01:00STRENGTH: Session with PT focusing on my back problems and core   
FRIPM 00:50 RUN: Trail Run


SWIM : 01:35
BIKE : 03:35
RUN : 02:15
OTHER : 01:00
TOTAL :   08:25    

No comments: