Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lunch Time Spinning

A number of people ask me how I don’t get bored with sessions on the turbo or spinning bike and my answer is probably the fact that I break it down into short chunks and focus on the current time chunk rather than the whole 2-4 hours that I may be aiming for.

This also goes for when time is limited such as during my lunch break I have a limited time so I have to make the most of the time I have.  I am quite lucky in that the gym is quite close to where I work, so I always have access to a spinning bike, not as good as a turbo but still capable of providing a good indoor training session.

Today’s session took the form of: -
  • 5 mins spinning to warm up at the break bighting point
  • 10mins of upping the resistance by quarter turn each min
  • 10mins steady spinning at the end resistance from last set
  • 10min of 1min stand 1min seated at the resistance from last set
  • 5 mins of accelerations 20sec fast | 40sec easy
  • 5 mins warm down
A short stretch, a quick shower and change then back to work feeling highly invigorated and looking forward to my evening run

WW


 

No comments: