Sunday, September 18, 2005

Training Week 5

Well another week bites the dust and sees the end of my race season, with a little bit of training and a couple of days off to rest for the GNR. I have a bit of a problem with a bruised heel pad but hopefully it will be OK.

So week 5 looked like: -

SUN______REST
MONPM03:00BIKEA hard paced trail ride on my MTB probaly about 42miles
TUEPM01:15RUNClub run, an offroad hilly 8.5miles in the wind - felt good, this is my longest run for a while - feel I should get round the GNR without much problem
WEDAM01:00SWIMStructured swimm session including 3x500m build (10:30, 10:00, 9:35) followed by 5x100m drils (25m each of catch up, Left arm, right arm and kick) finishing with 500m warm down (starting hard then slowing)
WEDPM01:50BRICKA 15mile ride in strong winds on my road bike, folowed by a 5mile mixed paced run and 5-10mins stretchin - ride cut short as it was getting dark
THU______REST
FRI______REST
SAT______REST

So a gentle week of just over 7hrs

IRONMAN GERMANY ... 308 DAYS AND COUNTING

1 comment:

Cath Delaney said...

42 miles on an MTB in 3 hours..? Are you mad young man..? I did 47 in 4:17 and that was on a hybrid (albeit with MTB tyres). Well done with the cycling there Will.