Monday, September 12, 2005

Training Week 4

After 2 Triathlons in 2 weeks and the Great North Run approaching quickly (next Sunday in fact) I thought I’d give my legs a chance to recover and have a swim focused week, and then as I was to be at a friends wedding on Saturday a weekend of R&R called.

So the week looked like: -


SUNAM01:47TRILoads of fun and games at Teesdale Triathlon, See Race Report
MON______REST
TUEPM01:00RUN6.5Mile @ 75% MHR in 52 mins (felt really good), followed by a stretching session as my legs were still very tight from Sundays race
WEDPM01:05SWIMA continuous 3k at almost long distance race effort followed by more stretching, my 1k splits were 10:22, 10:17, 11:15 - felt a bit nauseous over the last 1k
THUPM01:00SWIMThe pool was full so decided to work on technique did 2.5k slowly ensuring good style
FRIAM01:00SWIMSpeed work this time 2.6k in total as 3x500m build, 10x50m hard 1x500m, race pace, 100m warmdown
SAT______REST

So just short of 6hrs this week but feel recoverd now and ready for the GNR

IRONMAN GERMANY ... 314 DAYS AND COUNTING

4 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

314 days..? Oh my! That means that the IM 2007 is only 679 days!! eek!

and found you! I have a blog Will but tisn't linked or publicised anywhere so if you want the address email me

:o)

WildWill said...

Cath is yours the trailwalk one?

Cath Delaney said...

I'm on the trailwalk one but I have a training one too. Will email you the addy - only thing I ask is that you don't link it and use it as a bookmark instead!

:o)

Evil Pixie said...

how did today go?