Monday, August 18, 2014

Looking back: On July

After loosing most of a year due to injury (I tore my calf), I decided to make this summer about getting back into training. I could feel my fitness escape me and it was getting me down. I needed to get myself back on the fitness wagon.

To this effect, I started back training in mid-May and had a solid June. In fact, he only day in June that I did no form of exercise was my birthday on the 2nd.

This led me to a good place for July. In July, I did some sort of training or exercise every day, although some of it was heavily focused on recovery.

I totalled over 86 hours for July … But as can be observed from the chart, half of this was hiking and walking. As I have said, I am still trying to come back from injury and do not want to aggravate things by pushing too hard too soon.

July By Activity


Also noticeable by its absence is swimming. I have only swam twice this year. However, I intend getting back in the pool once the school holidays are over and there is more room in the water.

The Numbers


ACTIVITYSESSIONSTIMEDISTANCE
SWIM
0
00:00
0
BIKE
32
27:48
372.1 Miles
RUN
18
10:28
51.05 Mile
WALK
17
44:41
55.15 Miles
OTHER
7
03:06
--

Will

No comments: