Friday, December 17, 2010

Base Training, Training Programme

It's getting close to the new year and close to time to start structured training, later next year i will be following a specific 17 week Ironman training plan , but to get me to that I have drafted a plan that gets me to the point.

The plan is in draft at the moment and I will probably refine it a bit further but you will get an idea of what I am looking to do.  I have also categorised the training as key training and other represented by RED and BLACK.

I am the sort of person that needs a plan to help with motivation, I am more likely to do the required training if I know in advance what I need to do in advance.

This training plan only builds up to session of a maximum length of 3:30 but longer will come in the specific Ironman plan as i don't want to overtrain or burn out and it can be seen from the plan that every 4th week is a recovery week.

Some may find the program a little light on the swimming front, but in truth swim is possibly my best sport so there you have it...

For those that are interested here is my 10 week Ironman Base Training Plan

WW

2 comments:

Alistair Aird said...

Will, like the plan - you got it in xls?!
Out of interest what is / how have you calculated your IM run pace? Do you plan to run the whole Mara?
Care to share your overall IM time goals?

WildWill said...

Alistair

I have it in word format as thats how a typed it up.

My target run pace is based on previous IMs, Marathons and what pace i know i can maintain zone 2 ... about 10mm for me and the will have some walk ... hopefully less than last year

Im not a fast guy nut would like to hit around 12:30

WW