Monday, December 06, 2010

Motivation, Motivation where for art thou

Since my marathon a couple of weeks back (see post) I have been suffering a crises on the motivation front and have only managed to get a hand full of training sessions under my belt and none of them what I would call big session.

How can motivation levels swing from being full on to being in the trough of despair in such a short period of time? What triggers such major mood sings? … Where is my mojo? … if you have it pleas return as soon as possible.

I look back and can see some of the causes:
  • Being tiered after a marathon is a normal affect
  • Bad weather closing the gym can be helped
  • Transport disruptions causing me to be on the road for hours
  • Time digging snow
  • And so on …

But these are nothing but excuses …. Where is my motivation


WW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find I nearly always suffer with a lack of motivation after a key event, maybe it's our bodies and minds way of helping us recover.
You'll still not be in the 30 week range for IMR so plenty of time to dig the motivation out from the snow drift and train like a demon.