Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Interval Brick Session

My off season is approaching the end and the New Year will see the start of structured training starting with an extensive Base period.
But at the moment it is still off season and training variety. Last night was an interval brick session that took the form of: -

SPINNING BIKE 10 mins warm up Z1/2
5 x (
- 3 min seated hill climbing (hard effort)
- 2 mins standing hill climbing (upping the effort)
- 1 min fast spin (lighter effort)
- 2 mins recovery Z1/2
)
5 mins recovery
8 x (
- 20secs vomit inducing effort
- 10secs easy spin
)
5 mins recover
TREADMILL FARTLEK SESSION
20 mins, efforts ranging from slow easy pace to my 5k pb pace with 2 x 1 min efforts at my 5k pb pace.

For the 20 sec bike efforts, these were done in similar style to Tabata style training, but at the end of my normal interval session rather than a session on its own.  The whole session left me feeling quite good as I retired to the sauna.

WW

No comments: