Friday, March 02, 2018

Feb 18: A Look Back

The first two months of the year gone already and the time before my A Race (Ironman Vichy) grows ever shorter. February marked my training's transition from PREP phase into BASE phase. Training proper. 

The weather may be foul, but I cannot let that get in the way of progress. I have continued with a TrainerRoad / Wattbike combination to keep my cycling on the up. I am actually following(ish) one of the TrainerRoad-Base cycling programmes to get me through to the more clement months. 

On the running front, February marked the highest running mileage, for me, in three and a half year. 93 miles. Not a huge mileage for some ... but good for me. This was not the intention but I have been asked to coach a Couch-to-5k lunchtime group where I work. Who am I to say no.

So now, the numbers: -

NUMBER OF SESSION: FEBRUARY(PLANNED V ACTUAL)




MILEAGE TARGET: FEBRUARY(PLANNED V ACTUAL)




One final point to note, is that February also marked an improvement in my 1hr, 1.5hr, and 2hr watt averages on the bike :-)

Now, through the blizzards and into March

Train Strong
Will


No comments: