Thursday, August 02, 2012

Testing Times

Since my slimmer / fitter / faster challenge is all about physical improvement, I thought I would do a couple of tests this week. This will give me some basic information that I can measure my progress from.

This week the two areas I tested were my run and my swim.

For the run, I had 30mins easy spin to warm up. Then I set my Garmin and set off on a 6 mile out and back trail run (turning when I hit 3 miles).

Because I train for endurance events I do very little short hard stuff. But back when I did I used to race 10k in about 45mins. But when I stopped my watch; it read 1:02:11, at an average Heart Rate of 82% (143 for me)

To say I was disappointed with myself is an under statement, both at the time and the ability to maintain a higher heart rate

----

The swim was a much sorter test, the standard 400m. I have not done a lot of swimming in the past year. So unless it took me a ridiculously long time I would be happy. My last race at the beginning of July, it took me 1:18:00, so an average of 8:08 / 400m.

After a warm up I set off, and even had the lane to myself. I felt messy in the water but pushed on. Stopping the clock in *:00, a pace of 2:00/100m. I was quite happy with that.

RUN6 Mile1:02:1182% | 143bpm
Swim400m8:00N/A

So

My aims going forward will be to: -

Improve my time for a 6mile trail run
Be able to maintain a higher average heart rate for the 6 miles
Improve my time for the 400m swim TT

Watch this space

WW

No comments: