Friday, August 10, 2012

4 weeks In


Well, it has now been 4 weeks since I initially weighed in and set off on the journey to try and get myself in better shape. In that time my training and general exercise regime has become more varied. Plus I have attempted to improve my diet.

When I talk about diet, I am not talking about going on a particular diet, as I feel these are all fads and unsustainable, but instead I have just considered what i put in my mouth.

For example
  • I really like lucozade original, but found I was having a bottle every day, so now I only have 1 bottle in 2 weeks.
  • I was drinking 10+ cups of coffee each day all with milk and sugar, now I'm down to 2 or 3
  • I was having a can of coke each week day with my lunch, now stopped all together
  • I was eating ready meals for lunch, now fresh salads
  • Also I had a pint of Guinness with my dinner each evening through the week, now I have lime and soda

All these little things have added up to help me move closer to my goals. I don't want to give up the things I like; otherwise life would be too dull. 

Now for how things have gone

I had hoped to lose a half stone in the first 4 weeks and a couple percent of my body fat. To my delight I can report that I have exceeded these targets with a weight loss of 9.5lb and a drop of over 4% on the body fat.

This now looks like this

WEIGHT202.5lb(14st 6.5lb)(92kg)Loss = 9.5lb
BODY FAT18%Combination of Scales and CalipersLoss = 4.7%
WAIST35.25in(89.53cm)Loss = 1.25in


Looking Forward

Over the next 4 weeks, I would like to drop 6.5lb and get down to 14st and drop another 2% on the body fat front, this should allow the shape of my abs to start to show ... well that's the plan   :)


WW

No comments: