Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Faster


Yesterday was a planned hard training day for me and as part of it I repeated the 6mile cross-country time trial that I did earlier in the month.

The route itself is measured with my Garmin Forerunner to ensure that it is accurate and is a mixed bag of terrains. It includes riverside paths with various quality surfaces, woodland single tracks and routes across farm fields. Along with this I also have to negotiate steps, styles, locks, gates, railway crossings and bridges. So all-in-all a bit removed from racing a road based 10k.

Also, since I did the last test my training has been more consistent that at anytime this year. I have introduced a weekly long run. Plus I have been doing a couple of structured runs each week, such as Hill sprints or intervals.

Last time I did this test it kook me a disappointing 1:02:11 and that was pushing it at a high heart rate.

This week I forgot my HR strap so had to go by feel, and as a result over cooked it a couple of times and had to slow down. All the same this week I completed the Time Trial in 0:55:30.

That’s 6:41 faster … I’m over the moon with that :)
   
WW


No comments: