Monday, March 06, 2006

Training Week T – 21

Morning all

A good week and a bad week for me this week, a good week in as far as I had a nice solid week of training which totalled out to be my biggest week so far, a bad week in that I didn’t get enough time on the bike.

It is my aim to address this over the next couple of weeks with a couple of big weekend rides, the plan is to do a very hilly 60-70mile on Saturday the around the 100mile the following Saturday – these rides represent a big jump forward for me so a may not have as much training thru the week but I feel that I need to do this as my cycling is my weakest discipline.


So this is what the week looked like


MONAM00:45SWIM2.2k including a 1500m Time trail from cold. Managed to swim a PB 0f 25:57 but it left me wiped out as the rest of the session was hard work
TUEAM01:10RUNTook my better half and her mate out for a trainings session, so an easy run for me…. Followed by some stretching
WEDAM01:00BIKEA spinning session on the gym bike
WEDAM00:31GYMBike session was followed by 30mins of circuit training (weights)
WEDPM02:35RUNLong run of 15mile including 400m of climbing, it was a hard run on top of the 1:30 I'd already done and my joins started too feel it in the latter stages of the run. I did manage to pick up the pace for the last3 or 4 miles so the run time was 2:27 followed by some stretching

CORE SESSION RUN
THUAM01:16BRICKGym brick session of 5 x (10mins Bike, 5mins Treadmill)
THUPM02:00SWIMMasters session. Shared my lane with 2 swimming instructors and a swimming coach so was a good session - including a bit of a lesson towards the end in Breast & Back strokes (i only do front crawl)

CORE SESSION SWIM
FRIPM02:47RUNRun Home from work about 11-12miles with plenty of climbing so a hard 2nd long run of the week
SATPM02:32BIKE2:15 on the Turbo Trainer followed by 15mins floor work
SUNPM02:34BRICK2hrs on the road bike followed by 30mins run


SWIM – 2:45
BIKE – 6:24
RUN – 7:27

OTHER - 0:31

TOTAL 17:08

Have fun out there

4 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

I'm exhausted just reading that!

WildWill said...

Yes but im very woried about my cycling ability

XFR Bear said...

Okay - I'll ask - what's the 31 minutes of "the other"? ;o)

Cliff said...

Will,

Very impressive.

I think those hilly 60-70 mile ride will help a lot.