Friday, August 26, 2005

Training Week 2

This weeks training has gone well apart from an Abductor Muscle strain, which now seems to be getting better. I’ve allowed myself 2 rest days this week as I am doing Hartlepool Marina Triathlon on Sunday and don’t want to go into it too tired, even though its just a shorter Triathlon (Sprint Distance)

So, this week looked like: -

SUNAM00:50SWIMA steady swim of 2k first thing in the morning to help me loosen up
SUNAM01:15RUNStraight out of the pool and out for an 8mile+ easy run
MONPM00:50RUNAs soon as I got home from work, an easy run off road run around the local woods, finished off with 5min of stretching
MONPM00:30OTHERLater in the evening a bit of circuit training to start preparing my body for when I hit the gym during the winter
TUEPM01:00RUNSteady paced run at running club at 75% MHR with a stretching session at the end
WEDAM00:50BIKEMTB commute to work, starting to find this much easier … its surprising what a difference a few rides can make
WEDPM01:30BIKE5 mile laps, doing 1 easy then 1 hard, my fastest lap was number 4 at 14:25 secs - it was very windy but I felt good
THUPM02:00SWIMAgain, a session with the masters club at Dustan pool, did just short of 4k … was again hard work
FRI______REST
SAT______REST


Which works out at : -

SWIM - 2 SESSIONS - 02:50
BIKE - 2 SESSIONS -02:20
RUN - 3 SESSION - 03:05
OTHER - 1 SESSION - 00:30

IRONMAN GERMANY ... 331 DAYS AND COUNTING

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

light weight!

{runs and hides}