Sunday, August 21, 2005

Training Week 1

Well time to report on last weeks, training.

All in all not a bad week even though I didn’t race Darlington 10k as quick as I’d hoped, it was still a PB and even though a mechanical breakdown cut Wednesdays bike session start it was someone else’s breakdown and not mine, so …


SUNAM 00:55 RUN Includes Darlington 10k and warm up - ran a PB at Darlington, only by a few seconds but still a PB in 48:45. Averaged 92% Maximum Heart Rate for the race so my threshold is nice and high
MONPM 02:20 BIKE Went out for a steady, but high cadence session on my Mountain bike on the local cycle trails, it was windy but good to loosen my legs up after yesterdays race
TUE PM 01:10 RUN At the running club, after a warm up we did a structured set of Kenyan hills, I aimed to keep my heart rate at 140bpm (or there abouts) for this session
WED AM 01:00 BIKE Off road commute on the MTB into work at a comfortable pace
WED PM 00:38 BIKE Supposedly a 90min session on my road bike but mechanical problems cut this session short
THU PM 02:00 SWIM First time at the masters session, did a structured session totalling over 5k (see previous post for full details)
FRI AM 00:57 BIKE Off road commute on the MTB into work at a comfortable pace - I fell off :o(
SAT __ __ __ REST DAY


Which works out at : -

SWIM - 1 SESSION - 02:00
BIKE - 4 SESSIONS -04:55
RUN - 2 SESSION - 02:05

IRONMAN GERMANY ... 336 DAYS AND COUNTING

No comments: