Friday, February 04, 2011

A look back on January

Well, that's the first month of the year out of the way already, and I've come out of this side of it feeling quite good, which I am pleased at, considering the man flu and chest infection I started the month at which meant no training at the front end of the month.

January also marked the start of my 10 week base plan (see post) but due to being ill, I decided to adapt week 1 and do the main over 2 weeks, to ease back into things, after all ... a plan is just a guide.

What this means is that I have now have completed the first 3 weeks of my plan which have slowly grown from 5hrs in the first week to just short of 9hrs in the 3rd week, next week will be a slightly down / recovery week as, for me, every 4th week is a recovery week.

I happy with my long bike, which is up to 2hrs and my swim which is at a nice 3.6k level, but i am a little bit behind on my long run which is still only at 6.6 mile and i wanted to be up to 9miles by now, but on the plus side i have been getting in more runs than I thought and introduced strides into my run program once per week (post on strides to follow)

Also i am continuing with a weekly non sports specific strength / power training to help try an repare / improve my damaged back

The following graph shows my stats from week 1 (twice) through to 3 ..



WW





No comments: