Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Im Back ...


Well time to resurrect this blog


I've entered Ironman Switzerland in Zurich on the 12th July 2009. So I am going to blog my progress towards this event.

My target is to take 63mins of my Ironman time from Germany, getting me round in 12:30 a tall order as i am not a very fast athlete - but i will give it my all.

From what i learnt last time i feel the 2 keys to my success will be trying to have consistency in my training and to get more time on the bike. I lost a lot of run time last time due to injury so fingers crossed for this time round.

I am starting off now trying to get some base fitness back and loose a little bit of weight, so during the summer part of my training will include a 5hr hike every other weekend - carrying a backpack and wearing heavy boots for half a day is a good base builder in my book. I currently weigh in at around 205lbs - id like to get this down below 200lbs and keep it there is i can but continue to reduce my body fat.

So there you have it ... IMCH here i come.


WW

2 comments:

beanz said...

Looking forward to sherping (?) at this
beanz

Cliff said...

Will,

Welcome back and checking my blog.

The 5 hr hike is a good idea. I do enjoy some more hike during this off season.

Great for the body and great for the mind.