Friday, July 18, 2008

I’m so dizzy …

I’m so dizzy …

I went to the lake last night for a spot of Open Water Swimming with the intent of doing about 2miles.

Well all started well (apart from the rain coming from the heavens) I warmed up with a width, then swam 2 lengths at race pace then recovered with another width then stopped for a breather. (I needed the breather as I haven’t done much swimming lately).

I set off to do another 2 lengths and toward the latter part of the outward length I started feeling very dizzy, almost vertigo, and very sickly – I had to take it very easy ion the return swim stopping for a moment every 50m or so, I couldn’t even turn onto my back as this mad the vertigo worst.

I think it was down to cold water on my inner ear, so next week I will try to remember my ear plugs and may even take motion sickness tablets for a few weeks.

In all I did about 2.5k so not too bad but still … a bit worrying

WW

No comments: