Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fear, Eagerness … Anticipation

Yes, I have been down this path before, this path towards Ironman and yes it’s a year away but I already feel these emotions in the back of my mind every now and again rushing to the front of my consciousness.

The fears I have are all about what if something goes wrong, what if i get injured, will I have the time to train, can I regain my former fitness … and so on

My eagerness is the one I need to keep in check, stopping myself rushing full tilt in to masses of training and over doing it. I know I have to take my current base and slowly build upon t so my body can take the stress of the big weeks ahead. Knowing it and doing it, for me is quite often 2 totally different things … but one will try.

And as for the Anticipation ... for me this all about the journey ahead, planning it out, adjusting , analysing and all those steps along the route. Even the longest journeys start with a single step and I look forward to every step

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Hi Will,

The fear is there. Ever since I finish my Ironman, I wonder if I can ride or run as long.

I ask myself a lot of times if I can regain what I have build up over the years.

I guess the only way to find out is to take it one step at a time :)