Friday, July 25, 2008

Strength & Strength Endurance

Morning all

Well today i re-introduced the weights into my training, i am going to try and get to the gym twice per week and work on my core strength and general strength endurance.

My plan is to use dumbbells as much as possible, as this ensures that both sides get an equal workout and helps iron out any one sided weaknesses, such as the one in my left shoulder that i identified today.

I am going to do this in a circuit training manner moving from one exercise to the next (single set) using sets of 12-15 reps with about a 75% load and have only a short rest between exercises.

After a warm up on the bike, the exercises were: -

• Dumbbell Squat
• Dumbbell Lunge
• Dumbbell Calf Raises
• Dumbbell Chest Fly
• Dumbbell Chest Press
• Single Dumbbell Chest Pullover
• Dumbbell Bent Over Rowing
• Dumbbell Lat Raises
• Dumbbell Shoulder Press
• Dumbbell Curl
• Single Dumbbell Overhead Extensions
• Shrugs
• Crunches
• Hyper Extensions
• Machine Leg Exemptions
• Machine Leg Curls

Followed by a warm down on the bike

1 comment:

beanz said...

Crumbs, I'd never remember all that!