Friday, November 25, 2005

Swim Golf for anyone?

To work out a SWIM GOLF score, after you warm up and as part of your interval set do a set of 50’s to get your golf score (5x50m : RI 30secs) aim to swim each interval consistently

To get your golf score take the time taken to swim the 50 (FC) and add it to the number of the strokes it took you to do the 50 – a stroke being each time your hand enters the water

Your score is your most consistent score for the session (not your fastest)

As you improve efficiency / speed your score will come down so it a good measurement to



In last nights swim session my score improved dramatically from the last time I carried out the test from 81 to 75 .. so very happy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Yep, swim golf is great....I do this periodically to get an idea of where I'm at with my technique. Did a few of these for fun last week...5x50 on the minute. Golf scores were 61, 63, 62, 64, 61, averaging 14-15 strokes per length

Cath Delaney said...

I don't get swim golf. But there again - just the word golf put me off. Besides, I'm going on the idea that I need to improve my base fitness before even thinking about IM training. Good job I'm listed for 2007 eh and not 2006.

:o)